We are seeking a data center/field engineer to help with the physical aspect of our deployments, including racking and cabling, with an opportunity to grow to provide additional technical value within our organization.
The candidate should have experience in the following.
- Structured cabling of power, copper, and fiber plus all connectors example SFP’s.
- Have an understanding of the 7 Layer OSI model.
- Configure and test all hardware for deployment to local and remote sites.
- Understand TPC/IP network addressing to a competent level.
- Have some knowledge of test equipment. For example, Exfo FTB series or similar.
- Experience with data center operations working within a team in the field or alone.
Skills & Qualities
- Ability to lift IT equipment, some of which may exceed (40) lbs per unit.
- Data center, Computer Science, or Information Technology education or background.
- Work with the internal engineering teams to optimize for creating as quick and efficient of a turn-up process as possible.
- Work with our network and systems engineering teams around turning up new data center locations and incremental rack-level infrastructure, as well as troubleshooting physical server hardware and network devices.
- Optical network troubleshooting (e.g. use of a light meter and OTDR/OSA) and RFC testing.
- Familiarity with the data center industry, and interacting with remote site technicians, is a plus.
- We are hiring for a full-time engineer, with the ability to work nights and weekends as and when required. BSO is an organization that works around 24×7 global coverage.
Candidate Success Factors:
- Demonstrate humility
- Possess endless curiosity
- Listening to understand
- Speak Up, Step Up
- Keep Your Promises
- Find a Better Way
- Serve Others
- Keep Growing
If you want to meet this challenge, in a human-sized company, join us!
Profitability for candidates – real ability to learn and make reaches