BSO is proud to announce that it is now certified as a Health Data Hosting (HDS) provider. The HDS certification was introduced in April 2018 by the French governmental health agency, the "Agence du Numérique en Santé," with the aim of improving the security and privacy of personal health data. This certification is particularly crucial for companies that outsource their health data hosting or services and for companies that carry out backups on behalf of a healthcare establishment or third party. To be HDS certified, a cloud service provider must also be ISO 27001 certified.
Data security and privacy are critical concerns in the healthcare industry, where personal information is incredibly sensitive and valuable. Health data breaches can result in serious consequences for patients, including identity theft, medical fraud, and other forms of abuse. Therefore, it's essential to have robust security measures in place to protect personal health data. With this certification, BSO provides a framework for its customers and partners to store and manage their personal health data securely and in compliance with French law.
By achieving the HDS certification, BSO also demonstrates its commitment to data security and privacy. The certification validates that BSO has implemented the necessary technical and governance measures to protect personal health data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. This certification assures customers and partners that their personal health data is safe and secure with BSO.
BSO worked with an independent certifying body accredited by French authorities to conduct HDS audits who assessed the company's technical and governance measures to secure and protect personal health data.
HDS certification is based on ISO 27001 certification to meet data security issues and is supplemented by additional requirements related to the General Regulations on the Protection of Personal Data (GDPR) and the health sector. Therefore, BSO’s services covered by our ISO 27001 certification are included in the scope of HDS.
Pursuant to Article L. 1111-8 of the Public Health Code, BSO declares that it benefits from HDS certification n° FR080606 issued on 20/02/2023 for the following scope:
- Provision and maintenance in operational condition of physical sites to host the material infrastructure of the information system used for the processing of health data;
- Provision and maintenance in operational condition of the material infrastructure of the information system used for the processing of health data;
- Provision and maintenance in operational condition of the information system application hosting platform;
- Provision and maintenance in operational condition of the virtual infrastructure of the information system used for the processing of health data;
- Administration and operation of the information system containing health data.
On request, our customers can have access to our attestations of reports and certificates. They can also, under certain conditions, obtain documents relating to our certifications and attestations.