Effective Date: 25 May 2021 (United Kingdom)
BSO is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles.
Your information will not be shared, rented or sold to any third party.
We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We give you the possibility to control the information that you shared with us (opt-out)
BSO is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
What information do we collect and process?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.bso.co or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you,
- subscribe to our newsletter,
- submit a contact-us form,
- submit a job application,
- register for an event or other social media functions on our site,
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
(all above legal basis for collection: consent),
- and when you report a problem with our site (legal basis: contractual necessity).
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, picture (CV), company name, CV, Cover Letter.
- Information we collect via Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics as a service to help us improve our site for visitors. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of www.bso.co, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We will clearly inform you when information that personally identifies you ("personal information") is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. Generally, this information is requested when you [install/download/subscribe] to product updates, newsletters or other online services.
For which purpose we use your information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you information that will allow you to use our services.
- To automatically customize your documents with your information.
- To alert you of software upgrades, updates, discounts or other services from BSO.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and
- us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to assess your job application with regards to BSO open positions;
- to provide you with support.
- Information we collect about you via the Google Analytics service. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that BSO is an authorized holder of such information. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our website but you will not be able to receive additional services or access certain areas that require registration. When you activate your account, you are providing your consent to occasionally receive information from us. In each communication from us you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications; alternatively, you may contact us to express your choices at the address provided at the bottom of this page.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We do not share your information with any other third party except:
- If BSO Network Solutions SAS or our ultimate holding company or substantially all of its or their assets or business are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In very rare instances BSO may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BSO or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BSO and its family of websites and properties; and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BSO, its websites, or the public.
Security of information
BSO is strongly committed to protecting your information and ensuring that your choices are honored. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All sensitive data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
We guarantee that all e-commerce transactions follow the latest security measures and use the best available technologies. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is employed when you place online orders or transmit sensitive information. SSL is one of the safest methods of passing information over the Internet.
Where do we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored in the EU. They may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including but not limited to the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
BSO entities, inside and outside the EU are bound to BSO Network Solutions SAS by BCR (Binding Corporate Rules) and must comply with the Privacy Policies and Security Policy defined by BSO Network Solutions SAS and compliant with GDPR.
We may on occasion require the help of other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as packaging, shipping and delivery, customer support and processing event registrations. We will only provide such companies with the information required for them to perform these services. For subcontractors that could process your personal data, we have included GDPR compliance terms in the contract and inquire regularly that they are GDPR compliant. These service providers are bound by strict privacy policies and are prohibited from using your information for any other purpose.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
EU and EEA users’ rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those emails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
How long do we keep personal data for?
With regards to Marketing purpose and job applications, the length of time for which this data may be retained is 2 years. For an order or a contract, this period is extended to 5 years.
Retention of information
Access to your information
You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is accurate and current at all times.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
To review your details or request the correction or deletion of information that we have about you that is no longer accessible to you directly online, please contact us by email at email@example.com to make your request.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain opt-out boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or in any subsequent marketing communication we may send to you. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to opt-out
We provide users with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving updates on our products, newsletters and other communications from us. You can opt-out by clicking on the link provided in our electronic mailings or by contacting us at the address at the bottom of this page.
BSO SC Limited, 2nd Floor, Office Suite 202, 13 Wentworth House, Eblana Villas, Dublin 2, IRELAND
For information about how to contact BSO please visit our contact page.