By Michael Ourabah, CEO & Founder at BSO
The situation continues to evolve rapidly across the world and we have been getting a lot of questions about how we manage remote infrastructure capacity. These are unprecedented times for us all. Our focus is, as always, on the health and safety of our employees, customers and providers. Read my full statement below sent to our databases yesterday.
Dear BSO Customers,
At this challenging time, we would like to extend our thoughts to everyone impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Given the public health and resulting business continuity concerns related to COVID-19, I want to assure you that the entire BSO team has been proactive to ensure that all our network, and cloud services we deliver to you will continue business as usual. In line with our core values and in strict compliance with our Business Continuity Plan, our focus on protecting BSO employees, assuring the continuity of critical services from our vendors, and communicating appropriately with our customers will best position BSO to continue to deliver the services that you expect.
As a result, BSO has activated its Covid-19 Business Continuity Plan globally, to ensure seamless operations throughout this situation, including provisions for ensuring all services remain fully operational and are equipped with the necessary resources and supplies.
We have implemented several precautionary procedures that reflect the company’s focus on:
- The health and safety of our customers, partners, vendors and employees.
- The continuity of our services.
- Compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance currently in place to address the situation.
These precautions include the following decisions to minimise the risk of impact within our offices and facilities around the globe as well as to keep our customers and employees safe:
- Only business-critical BSO personnel will be allowed on-sites.
- A rotate work-from-home policy for all non-essential personnel is implemented in order to ensure social distancing without impacting customer service or business processes.
- Our employees who may experience flu and virus-like symptoms are asked to stay home.
- An appropriate social distancing strategy within our facilities and offices following WHO recommendations is implemented.
- Limit business travel.
- Increase communication and coordination with our critical infrastructure, network, and cloud platform vendors relating to their expected deliverables.
- Work with our key supplier to ensure continuity and sufficient stock levels.
- All offices phones systems have been rerouted to ensure continuity.
In addition, BSO is closely following the recommendations of local governments and public health authorities:
World Health Organization; Centers for Disease Control (CDC) including at workplace.
These actions will enable BSO to maintain operational readiness and protect against service disruptions by minimising risk to employees and business associates.
We will continue to closely monitor this situation at a global level and will keep you informed of any significant changes to these guidelines and procedures.
If you have any questions regarding our response to the coronavirus, please contact your sales representative.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation throughout this current situation and we thank you for your continued trust and confidence in BSO.
BSO Chief Executive Officer