The operations team are at the heart of what we do, dealing with our customers and suppliers on a day to day basis ensuring we exceed expectations across the board. You’ll be fully exposed to a full range of technologies; such as MPLS (LDP/RSVP/MPLS-TP), IP (BGP/OSPF), Transmission (DWDM/OTN) and SD-WAN across a multitude of vendors (primarily Extreme, Juniper, Nokia and Infinera/Coriant). We’re looking for an individual who can fulfil a hybrid role as network engineer and manager for the second level of engineering/support. You will be a key manager, willing to support your team and the goals of the company.
You will have strong analytical skills, being able to investigate faults to ensure quick and correct resolution whilst being developed by the engineering and architecture teams on a daily basis. You will have a strong customer service background, being able to handle tough situations when complex network issues arise. You will be able to manage customer communication in times of urgency and planned maintenance, supporting the customer journey through BSO. You will need the required human skills to ensure smooth management within the team. We can offer you strong development with an exposure to a range of service provider network technologies and cultural diversity.
- Investigate technical faults up to skill level.
- Participate on projects allocated to the level 2 engineering team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong customer service skills, including excellent written and verbal communication. Must be fluent in English. French skills would be beneficial.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, suppliers, coworkers and your team members
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with an analytical and appropriate approach to resolving identified issues; utilizing all available information sources / tools.
- Experience of working within a support / troubleshooting network environment: firewalls/security, routing and switching (IGP [BGP/OSPF], MPLS [LDP/RSVP/MPLS-TP], VLANs etc), DWDM/Layer 1.
- Beneficial to have exposure to Juniper, Extreme, Fortinet, Cisco and Coriant/Infinera networking equipment.
- Understanding of IXPs and tier 1 providers.
- Understanding of cloud networking, particularly direct connect technologies.
- Experience of working with data center providers and remote hands engineers.
- Ability to be an active and important member of a multi-skilled team, working alongside escalation level engineers / architects.
- Must have a flexible and positive attitude with the ability to thrive within a strong and engaged team.
If you want to meet this challenge, join us!