As a Service Desk Operator, you will be responsible for the delivery of support to BSO customers, through the Service Request process. You will be responsible for the ownership and management of service requests through the lifecycle, interacting with customers, suppliers and support teams. The Service Desk sits within the BSO Service Assurance organization, which is responsible for the BSO customer experience through the implementation of the Incident, Change, Event and Service Request processes.
- Receive, log and respond to customer support requests.
- Manage customer Service Requests, liaising with globally based internal teams where relevant.
- Complete/maintain all required internal reports, client/supplier performance reports.
- Collate adhoc service reports to support internal BSO teams.
- Determine any Service Credits required and advise the accounts department accordingly.
- Maintain BSO access control lists / user accounts for external support partners.
- Data management: Service inventories, Client contacts & services, Supplier Contacts & services.
- Drive for continuous improvement within departmental operating processes and functions
Skills & Qualifications
- To be considered for this position we require that you have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar IT service or support role.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to highlight trends, risks and areas of improvement in data quality.
- Problem Solving: Service desk technicians are mainly problem-solvers, so you should be able to devise original solutions to user problems.
- Communication: Operational message is key in this role since service desk technicians are required to collect data about issues, prepare comprehensive notes and reports, and walk users through the necessary steps to resolution whilst building an ongoing rapport and relationships.
- Time Management: Service desk technicians require excellent time management skills and should be able to set priorities when covering multiple issues.
- Teamwork: You will routinely work with other IT personnel to resolve user issues, so the need to collaborate with team members and co-workers is essential.
If you want to meet this challenge, join us!